|CHAPTER 1 - CONSTITUTION OF KENYA (REPEALED) CODE | HOME|
|13. Salary and allowances of President.|
|Removal of President on grounds of incapacity.||Protection of President in respect of legal proceedings during office.|
|Salary and allowances of President. 6of 1992,s.6||
13. (1) The President shall receive such salary, allowance and benefits as may be determined by a resolution of the National Assembly.
(2) Where the President ceases to hold office, he shall be entitled to receive a pension, gratuity and other allowances together with such other benefits and facilities, including adequate security, office, staff and travel allowances, as may be prescribed by or under an Act of Parliament.
(3) The salary and allowances payable to the President and any pension or gratuity payable to him on retirement shall be a charge upon the Consolidated Fund.
(4) The salary, allowances and privileges of the President shall not be varied to his disadvantage while he holds office.
(5) The pension and allowances payable to the President who has ceased to hold office and the facilities and other benefits available to him shall not be varied to his disadvantage during his lifetime.