|CHAPTER 1 - CONSTITUTION OF KENYA (REPEALED) CODE | HOME|
|15. The Vice-President of Kenya.|
|Protection of President in respect of legal proceedings during office.||Ministers of Government of Kenya.|
|The Vice-President of Kenya.||
15. (1) There shall be a Vice-President of Kenya, who shall be appointed by the President.
(2) The President shall appoint the Vice-President from among the Ministers who are elected members of the National Assembly:
Provided that no appointment to the office of Vice-President shall be made at any time when the functions of the office of President are being exercised by any person other than the President.
(3) The Vice-President shall be the principal assistant of the President in the discharge of his functions.
(4) The Vice-President shall not enter upon the duties of his office unless he has taken and subscribed the oath of allegiance and such oath for the due execution of his office as may be prescribed by Parliament.
(5) During his tenure of office, the Vice-President shall not hold any office of profit other than those of Vice-President, Minister and member of the National Assembly.
(6) The office of the Vice-President shall become vacant -
(a) if the President so directs; or
(b) if the holder of the office ceases to be an elected member of the National Assembly otherwise than by reason of the dissolution of Parliament; or
(c) upon the election of a person to the office of President.