|CHAPTER 1 - CONSTITUTION OF KENYA (REPEALED) CODE | HOME|
|60. Establishment of High Court.|
|Prorogation and dissolution of Parliament.||Appointment of judges of High Court.|
|Establishment of High Court. 10 of 2008, s. 6||
The High Court and the Court of Appeal
60. (1) There shall be a High Court, which shall be a superior court of record, and which shall subject to section 60A have unlimited original jurisdiction in civil and criminal matters and such other jurisdiction and powers as may be conferred on it by this Constitution or any other law.
(2) The judges of the High Court shall be the Chief Justice and such number, not being less than eleven, of other judges (hereinafter referred to as puisne judges) as may be prescribed by Parliament.
(3) The High Court shall be duly constituted notwithstanding a vacancy in the office of a judge of that Court.
(4) The office of a puisne judge shall not be abolished while there is a substantive holder thereof.
(5) The High Court shall sit at such places as the Chief Justice may appoint.