|CHAPTER 1 - CONSTITUTION OF KENYA (REPEALED) CODE | HOME|
|104. Remuneration of certain officers.|
|Public debt of Government of Kenya.||Controller and Auditor-General.|
|Remuneration of certain officers. 13 of 1977, s. 4.||
104. (1) There shall be paid to the holders of the offices to which this section applies such salary and such allowances as may be prescribed by or under an Act of Parliament.
(2) The salaries and any allowances payable to the holders of the offices to which this section applies shall be charged upon the Consolidated Fund.
(3) The salary payable to the holder of an office to which this section applies and his other terms of service (other than allowances that are not taken into account in computing, under any law in that behalf, any pension payable in respect of his service in that office) shall not be altered to his disadvantage after his appointment.
(4) When a person's salary or other terms of service depend upon his option, the salary or terms for which he opts shall, for the purposes of subsection (3), be deemed to be more advantageous to him than any others for which he might have opted.
(5) This section applies to the offices of judge of the High Court, judge of the Court of Appeal, member of the Public Service Commission, member of the Electoral Commission, Attorney-General and Controller and Auditor-General.
(6) Nothing in this section shall be construed as prejudicing the provisions of section 112 (which protects certain pensions rights).