|CHAPTER 1 - CUSTOMS AND EXCISE (1ST BOOKLET) CODE | HOME|
|37. Procedure on warehousing.|
|Goods deemed to be in a customs warehouse,||Removal to warehouse of goods entered therefor.|
|Procedure on warehousing. 4 of 1999, s.37, s.7, 4 of 2004||
37. (1) Where goods entered to be warehoused are delivered into the custody of the person in charge of a warehouse, the proper officer shall take a particular account of the goods, whether or not an account thereof has been previously taken.
(2) The proper officer shall, in taking an account, enter in the book for that purpose the name of the aircraft or vessel or the registered number of the vehicle, as the case may be, in which the goods were imported, or, in the case of postal articles, the parcel post reference, the name of the owner of the goods, the number of packages, the mark and number of each package, and the value and particulars of the goods.
(3) After the account has been taken and the goods deposited in the warehouse in accordance with the direction of the proper officer, the officer shall certify at the foot of the account that the entry and warehousing of the goods is complete; and the goods shall from that time be considered goods duly warehoused.
(4) Subject to section 39, all goods entered to be warehoused shall be removed to the warehouse for which they were entered and deposited therein within seven days from the date of release, or within such further period as the Commissioner may allow for bonded warehouses situated away from the port of importation.
(5) A person who contravenes subsection (4) shall be guilty of an offence and any goods in respect of which the offence has been committed shall be liable to forfeiture.