|CHAPTER 1 - CUSTOMS AND EXCISE (1ST BOOKLET) CODE | HOME|
|127D. Pre-shipment inspection of imported goods.|
|Dumping and subsidy defined.||Adjustment for fractions of a shilling.|
|Pre-shipment inspection of imported goods. 8 of 1996, s.4, 11 of 2000, s.6A,||127D. (1) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Act, the Minister may, by notice in the Gazette, prescribe certain imported goods which shall be subject to pre-shipment inspection.
(2) The Commissioner may appoint any person for the purpose of conducting pre-shipment inspection of the goods prescribed under subsection (1).
(3) An appointment under subsection (2) shall be subject to such terms and conditions as may be agreed in writing between the Government and the appointed person.
(4) A person appointed under subsection (2) shall, on completion of pre-shipment inspection of any goods, issue a certificate of such inspection to the Commissioner and to the importer.
(5) A person who, at the commencement of this section is appointed by the Minister to conduct pre-shipment inspection, shall be deemed to be a person appointed by the Commissioner under this section.
(6) In this section, the expression "pre-shipment inspection" means the examination of imported goods prior to shipment in order to ascertain the description, quality, quantity and the value of such goods.