EIGHTH SCHEDULE(ss. 14, 15, 16, 59, 60, 61)
Prohibited and Restricted Goods
PART A - PROHIBITED IMPORTS
1. All goods the importation of which is prohibited under this Act or of any law for the time being in force in Kenya.
2. False money or counterfeit currency notes or coin, and any money not being of the established standard in weight or fineness.
3. Indecent or obscene prints, paintings, books, cards, lithographs, or other engravings, and any indecent or obscene articles.
4. Matches in the manufacture of which white phosphorus has been employed.
4A. denatured spirits, unless in respect of each consignment, there is produced a certificate issued in the country of exportation or shipment by such official authority as may be acceptable to the commissioner, that the spirits have been denatured in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
5. Any article marked, without proper authority, with the Armorial Ensigns or Coat of Arms of Kenya, or having ensigns or arms so closely resembling them as to be calculated to deceive.
6. (1) Any advertisement or statement intended to promote the sale of any medicine, appliance or article for the alleviation or cure of tuberculosis, or of cancer, or of any venereal disease affecting the generative organs or functions, or of sexual impotence, or of any complaint or infirmity arising from or relating to sexual intercourse, in or of humans:
Provided that nothing herein shall apply to a book, document or paper published for the advancement of medical science and intended for the use of a Government department or registered medical practitioner.
(2) Any medicine, appliance or article to which is affixed an advertisement or statement referred to in paragraph (1) or to which such an advertisement or statement relates.
7. Distilled beverages containing essential oils or chemical products which are injurious to health, including thujone, star anise, benzoic aldehyde, salicylic esters, hyssop and absinthe:
Provided that nothing herein contained shall apply to "Anise" and "Anisette"
liqueurs containing not more than 0.1 per centum of oil of anise and distilled from citherPimpinella anisumor the star aniseAllicium verum.
9.Deleted by 9 of 1992, s. 17.
8.Deleted by 9 of 1992, s. 17.
10. Manufactured articles bearing the name, address, or trade mark of any manufacturer or dealer, or the name of any place in Kenya, calculated to impart to those articles a special character of Kenya manufacture and which are not of that manufacture.
11.Firearms and ammunition of all types and other articles having the appearance of lethal weapons imported by post.
12. Any goods certified by the Kenya Bureau of Standards as not meeting the standards set by that bureau or declared by a medical officer of health appointed under the Public Health Act, to be hazardous to health.
provided that such goods shall be re-exported or destroyed within thirty days of the date the goods are declared prohibited imports;
14. Used tyres, except those imported as raw materials by approved tyre retreaders.
PART B - RESTRICTED IMPORTS
1. All goods the importation of which is for the time being regulated under this Act or of any law for the time being in force in Kenya.
2.Deleted by 9 of 1992, s. 17.
3. Tear gas and any other similar lachrymatory substance (whether in liquid or gaseous form) whatsoever, and any device or instrument specifically designed to expel tear gas or any such other similar lachrymatory substance (whether in liquid or gaseous form), except under and in accordance with the terms of a written permit granted by the Minister responsible for matters relating to the police force.
4. Potable spirits, unless in respect of each consignment of spirits there is
produced a certificate of age, issued in the country of production or shipment by such official authority as may be acceptable to the Commissioner showing that the spirits have been stored in wood for a period of not less than three years:
Provided that -
(i) the Commissioner may accept in place of a certificate of age a sworn declaration to the same effect from the blender or exporter of the spirits in respect of all shipments made within a period of twelve months from the date of such declaration;
(ii) no certificate of age or declaration shall be necessary in respect of potable spirits which the Commissioner is satisfied are -
(a) alcoholic bitters, liqueurs, cordials and similar alcoholic mixtures;
(b) gin, geneva, hollands, schnapps, rum or any other similar potable spirits;
(c) spirits imported for medical, industrial or scientific purposes.
5. Postal franking machines, except under and in accordance with the terms of a written permit granted by the Managing Director of the Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation.
6. Traps capable of killing or capturing any game animal, except under and in accordance with the terms of a written permit granted by the Chief Game Warden.
7. Articles bearing Boy Scout or Girl Guide badges, tokens or emblems, except under and in accordance with the terms of a written permit granted by the Boy Scout or Girl Guide Commissioner.
8. Sound moderators or silencers capable of being fitted to a firearm as defined in the Firearms Act, except under and in accordance with the terms of a written permit granted by the Chief Game Warden.
9. Unwrought precious metals, and precious metals which are not manufactured or made up into any article of commerce, from Zaire, Rwanda or Burundi whether to be imported in transit or for transhipment or otherwise except under and in accordance with a written permit granted by the Minister.
10. Used motor vehicles, unless there is, in respect of each such vehicle, a certificate of roadworthiness from an officially recognized Government agent of the country of export.
PART C - PROHIBITED EXPORTS
1. All goods the exportation of which is prohibited under this Act or any law for the time being in force in Kenya.
2.Deleted by 9 of 1992, s. 17.
3. Firearms and ammunition of all types and other articles having the appearance of lethal weapons exported by post.
PART D - RESTRICTED EXPORTS
1. All goods the exportation of which is regulated under this Act or of any law for the time being in force in Kenya,
2. The following goods shall not be exported in vessels of less than ten tons register -
(a) warehoused goods;
(b) goods under drawback;
(c) goods for transhipment.
3. Deleted by 5 of 1998 s.16.