|CHAPTER 10 of 2007 - POLITICAL PARTIES (REPEALED BY 11 OF 2011) ACT | HOME|
|Short title and commencement.|
MATTERS FOR WHICH PROVISION SHALL BE MADE IN THE
CONSTITUTION OR RULES OF A POLITICAL PARTY
1. The name of the Party and any abbreviation (if used.)
2. The objects of the political party.
3. The situation of the registered office of the party.
4. The eligibility for membership of the party.
5. The admission and resignation of members.
6. The rights and duties of members.
7. Disciplinary measures against members and the methods and procedures for their suspension or expulsion from the party, including the reasons for such measures and in the cases of suspension and expulsion from the party stating of the justification for the decision taken.
8. The general organization of the party.
9. The district organizations, of the party and their functions.
10. Disciplinary measures against district branches.
11. Composition and powers of the governing body and other organs.
12. Titles of officers, their terms of office and the method of their election, appointment, dismissal and suspension.
13. The authority for and the method of filling vacancies on committees.
14. The frequency of, quorums for and dates of general meetings of the members of the party.
15. The rates of entrance and subscription fees (if any) for party membership.
16. The custody and investment of the funds and property of the party, and the designation of the persons responsible for them.
17. The purposes for which the funds may be used, and in particular the prohibition against the distribution of funds among members.
18. The inspection of the books and list of members of the party by any member or officer.
19. The annual or periodical audit of accounts.
20. The formation of district branches.
21. The manner of amending the name, constitution or rules of the party.
22. The manner of the dissolution of the party and the disposal of its property on dissolution.
23. Matters which may only be decided upon by a meeting of party members or, as the case may be, of district representatives.
24. The preconditions, form and time limits for convening meetings of party members and district representatives and the official recording of the resolutions passed at such meetings.
25. Which district branches (if any) and other organs of the party are authorized to submit or sign election proposals for elections to Parliament or any local authority where there are no other relevant legal provisions.
26. The form and details of a financial structure, which satisfies the provisions of this Act.
27. Polling of members and the procedures to be adopted when there is a vote on a poll passing a resolution for the dissolution of the party or of a district branch.
28. Democratic practices that cover gender, nomination and human rights.