5(3), 8(3), 11(3)
PROVISIONS AS TO THE CONDUCT OF BUSINESS
AND AFFAIRS OF BOARD
Meetings of the Board.
1. (1) The first meeting of the Board shall be convened by the Chairman and, subsequently, the Board shall meet as often as necessary for the transaction of business at such places and at such times as may be decided upon by the Board, but it shall meet at least once every three months.
(2) The Chairman shall preside at every meeting of the Board and in his absence the members present may appoint a member from among themselves to preside at that meeting.
(3) The Chairman or in his absence a member appointed by the Board to act in his place, may at any time call a special meeting upon a written request by a majority of the members.
(4) Notice of every meeting of the Board shall be given in writing to each member at least five days before the day of the meeting.
2. (1) Subject to subparagraph (2), five members, excluding the ex-officio members shall constitute a quorum for the conduct of business at any meeting of the Board.
(2) When there is no quorum at, or for the continuation of, a meeting of the Board only because of the exclusion of a member from the deliberations on a matter in which he has disclosed a personal interest, the other members present may if they deem it expedient so to do -
(a) postpone the consideration of that matter until there is a quorum without that member; or
(b) Proceed to consider and decide the matter as if there was a quorum.
Decisions of the Board.
3. (1) All questions proposed at a meeting of the Board shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the person presiding shall have a casting vote in addition to his deliberative vote.
(2) A decision may be made by the Board without a meeting by circulation of the relevant papers among the members of the Board and by the expression of the views of the majority of the members in writing but any member shall be entitled to require that the decision be deferred and the matter on which a decision is sought be considered at a meeting of the Board.
Minutes of proceedings.
4. (1) The Board shall cause the minutes of all proceedings of its meetings to be recorded and kept, and the minutes of each meeting shall be confirmed by the Board at the next meeting of the Board and signed by the Chairman or the person presiding at the meeting.
(2) The Chairman of the Board shall submit to the Minister a copy of the minutes of each meeting of the Board as soon as the minutes have been confirmed.
Board to regulate its own procedure.
5. (1) Subject to the provisions of the State Corporations Act, the Board may regulate its own procedure.
Co-opting to the Board.
6. (1) The Board may co-opt any person to participate in its deliberations, but a person so co-opted shall have no right to vote.
Committees of the Board.
7.(1) The Board may appoint committees of the Board:-
(a) to inquire into and advise the Board on any matter concerning the functions of the Authority as the Board may refer to the committee.
(b) to exercise such powers or perform such functions of the Authority as the Board may delegate or refer to the committee
(2) A committee appointed under subsection 1 shall consist of a Chairman and other persons, whether members of the Board or not, as the Board may determine
(3) The Board may require a committee appointed under this section to act jointly or in cooperation with any other committee
(4) Members of a committee appointed under this section may be paid such allowances as the Board may, with the approval of the Minister, determine;
(5) Subject to any direction given by the Board, a committee appointed under this section may regulate its own procedure.
Secretary to the Board.
8. (1) The Director-General shall be secretary to the Board.