|CHAPTER 411A - KENYA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS ACT | HOME|
|FOURTH SCHEDULE PROVISIONS AS TO THE UNIVERSAL SERVICE ADVISORY COUNCIL|
|Power of operator to use land.||THE KENYA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS (ELECTRONIC CERTIFICATION AND DOMAIN NAME ADMINISTRATION) REGULATIONS, 2010|
PROVISIONS AS TO THE UNIVERSAL SERVICE ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tenure of office.
1. The Chairman and members of the Council shall, subject to the provisions of this Schedule, hold office for a period not exceeding three years on such terms and conditions as may be specified in their instrument of appointment, but shall be eligible for reappointment for one more term of a period not exceeding three years.
Appointment of members.
2. The members of the Council shall be appointed at such times that their respective terms of office shall expire at different times.
Vacation of office.
3. A member of the Council may:-
(a) at any time by notice in writing addressed to the Minister, resign his office;
(b) be removed from office by the Minister if the member-
(i) has been absent from three consecutive meetings of the Council without permission from the chairman;
(ii) is adjudged bankrupt or enters into a composition or scheme of arrangement with creditors; or
(iii) is convicted of an offence involving dishonesty or fraud;
(iv) is convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to imprisonment for a term exceeding six months or a fine exceeding ten thousand shillings; or
(v) is incapacitated by prolonged physical or mental illness; or
(vi) fails to comply with the provisions of the Act relating to disclosure.
Gazettement of members.
4. The names of persons appointed to be members of an advisory council and the interests they represent and the names of persons ceasing to be members of the council shall be notified in the Gazette.
Meetings and proceedings.
5. Subject to this Schedule, the Council shall regulate its own procedure.
6. Meetings of the Council shall be called by the Chairman whenever the Board so requests.
Absence of chairman.
7. If the chairman is absent from a meeting of the Council, the members present shall elect one of their number to preside at that meeting.
Agenda of meetings.
8. The agenda at a meeting of the Council shall consist of such matters as the Board may from time to time refer to the Council for consideration and such other matters as the Council, with the agreement of the Board, may receive.
9. A quorum at any meeting of the Council shall be one half of the members of the Council.
10. A resolution at a meeting of the Council shall require the affirmative votes of one half of the members present except the chairman, who shall have a casting vote only.
Staff of the council.
11. The secretary and any other staff of the Council shall be members of the staff of the Commission appointed for the purpose by the Board.