|CHAPTER 1 - KENYA REVENUE AUTHORITY CODE | HOME|
|Meetings of the Board.||Secretary to the Board.|
, s.67, 4 of 2004
11. (1) There shall be a Commissioner-General of the Authority who shall be appointed by the Minister upon the recommendation of the Board on such terms and conditions as are specified in his instrument of appointment.
(2) The Commissioner-General shall be the chief executive of the Authority and, subject to the general supervision and control of the Board, shall be responsible -
(a) for the day-to-day operations of the Authority;
(b) for the management of funds, property and affairs of the Authority; and
(c) for the administration, organization and control of the staff of the Authority.
(3) The Minister may, after consultation with the Board, terminate the appointment of the Commissioner-General for -
(a) misbehaviour in terms of the code of conduct and discipline prescribed under section 21;
(b) the Commissioner-General's inability to perform the functions of his office by reason of mental or physical infirmity; or
(c) any other sufficient cause.
(4) The Commissioner-General may, with the approval of the Board, by notice in the Gazette, delegate any of his powers or functions under the Act or any other written law to a Commissioner.
(5) A person who, immediately before the commencement of this section, was deemed to exercise delegated powers under section 23(1)(b) of the Kenya Revenue Authority Act (now deleted) shall be deemed to continue exercising those powers until a new delegation is made pursuant to this section.