16th October, 2020
To: All Advocates
Take notice that Court No. 4 presided over by Hon Olga Onalo, Resident Magistrate will not sit from 19th October 2020 to 28th October, 2020 as she will be away on annual leave.
Matters coming up in that court will be mentioned in court No. 2 before Hon. William K. Chepseba- CM
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Snr. Court Administrator
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
Further to the Electronic Case Management Directions gazetted by the Hon. Chief Justice’s on 20th March 2020 and to the Internal Memo by the Chief Registrar directing all staff to work from home and embrace Electronic Case Management System, service in Malindi Law Courts shall be provided as follows:
A. CERTIFICATE OF URGENCY & TIME-BOUND PLEADINGS
Filing of Certificates of Urgency and time-bound pleadings shall be dealt with as follows:
1. All matters under certificate of urgency and time-bound pleadings, shall be scanned in pdf format and sent to the email address: email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Each document to be scanned separately and named appropriately.
2. When sending the email, the litigant shall indicate the case number and the Court Station section e.g. probate
3. The Judiciary shall process the submitted documents and advice on the amount of money to be paid.
4. The litigant shall then pay the advised fees using the following steps:
a) Go to MPESA Menu Select PayBill
b) Enter Business Number 522537
c) Enter the account number in this format
7229 Case Type Case Number
d) Enter Amount advised
e) Enter PIN and Confirm
f) The litigant shall forward the payment confirmation to the phone number 0712-563-610, 0793-913-931.
5. The documents shall be processed and feedback sent to the parties using the provided email address.
B) PLEA TAKING IN SERIOUS CRIMINAL MATTERS
The Head of Station/Chief Magistrate/Deputy Registrar will work together with other NCAJ state actors to implement the Chief Justice directive dated 15th March 2020 in handling of serious criminal matters
Parties shall communicate to the court on various issues including seeking directions on any matter through the designated email addresses.
All email communication regarding any matter in court must be copied to all parties to the suit.
Email addresses for purposes of communication
Primary Email Address
Copy to Secondary Email
Malindi Law Courts
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
HON. IVY WASIKE